Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What's for dinner? This deliciousness.

I'm sad about summer being over.  I am a warm-weather, 12-hours-of-sunshine-a-day person, so summer is my favorite season, and I mourn its passing every year. But, I AM excited to start cooking warm, comforting fall foods! So, I got myself in gear yesterday and made a weekly menu, with a corresponding big, fat grocery list, to get started on some of that good fall cookin'!


Tuesday:
Publix Ultimate sub on 5-grain with the crazy-delicious oil and herb submarine dressing on it.  (minus pickles and onions, because yuck!)


Publix subs pair SO WELL with watching UF football.  To me, they count as a fall food, especially on Saturdays. :)

Wednesday:
Roasted chicken with veggies, in lemon herb sauce
(recipe from food, truth, and beauty)

This recipe calls for just chicken breasts, but I am going to try and adapt it to either thighs or a whole chicken.  Hubby and I are not huge fans of white meat due to its propensity for dryness.  Also, I am hoping by expanding the amount of this recipe that it will yield some delicious leftovers that will be quick for weekday lunches.

Thursday:
Potato Corn Chowder
(recipe by Paula Deen, found via Amy's blog)
There was no legitimate-looking picture of this online, but it sounds delicious and so perfect for cooler temperatures! I will probably make biscuits to serve with it.

Friday:
Steak and baked potatoes (what? potatoes are delicious!)
We basically have some baking potatoes that need to be eaten soon.  This would also probably be a good place to insert a salad or some vegetables.

rest of the week: delicious leftovers :)

Hope you are also finding something to celebrate in the changing of seasons! What are your favorite fall recipes or fall-related things?

No comments:

Post a Comment